Friday 19 April 2013

From News to Fashion - Nail Design

So I saw online a girl was transferring prints to her nails, so I thought I would give it ago with newspaper! it's such a fab idea, and so much easier than it looks!

All you need is nail varnish for your base colour (a light colour is probably best); some alcohol, vodka or surgical spirit is fine; An old newspaper and top coat/clear nail varnish.


1. Paint your nails with your chosen colour, I used Illamasqua nail varnish in 'load'.
2. Once your nails are dry dip them in the alcohol.
3. Then take the section of news paper you're going to use to make the print (it needs to be big enough to cover the entire area) and press it onto the nail.
4. Slowly peel off the paper.
5. Gently paint over a generous amount of top coat, (I got mine from Sparkly Nails) being careful not to smudge the design. This will help it last longer and stop the design from being rubbed off!

If you wanted to be even more creative, I'm sure there are other materials you can transfer onto your nails also! Once I have had a play around, I will post an update!

And finally...go and show off your new nails!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs