Friday 22 November 2013

Latest in beauty: the glamour beauty edit box

Recently I saw on twitter that glamour magazine had teamed up with the latest in beauty box to bring us a limited edition box. As soon as I saw this, before I could think twice I had already got it after I saw the HD Brows kit which normally retails for more than the box was actually worth!

 

The box cost £14.95 with the contents adding up to around the £65 mark! Such a bargain.

 

The items I received in the cute packaged box were:

 

HD Brows Kit in Foxy I have been after this palette for as long as I remember! I bought the MUA brow palette a few months back and have been using this as I heard it was a cheap alternative to the HD brows kit. Yes it is, but oh my! I have been missing out. The HD brows kit lasts all day on my brows, is water resistant and smudge proof. This is now my makeup staple and I am kicking myself for not picking it up sooner! I am so happy I received this in Foxy as I am blonde, and was worried I would receive the vamp shade which would have been way to dark for my eyebrows.

 

Maybelline Baby lips in Hydrate  I already have fallen in love with the baby lips lip balms. I always carry one in my handbag, I have pink punch and peach passion because nudes and pinks are the usual colours I wear on my lips. These smell amazing, have cute packaging, aren’t greasy or heavy and are so lightweight. Perfect for adding subtitle colour to your lips when they are in need of a hydrate! I was chuffed when I received the clear version, as I was worried I would receive a duplicate of what I already had!

 

Benefit their real mascara in black I have wanted to try this mascara for ages. However, I go through mascara so quickly as I pile it on, that I have never been able to justify the cost for expensive ones. This mascara is absolutely amazing! It makes your lashes look naturally long without clumping them at all. It reminds me of the look of individual false lashes. I have seriously been impressed by this.

 

Eyeko eyelash curlers These are the best eyelash curlers I have ever come across. They are so sturdy and have a velvet blue handle. So luxurious!

 

Phillip Kingsley Dry shampoo I love dry shampoo, I use it daily to help backcomb my hair and matteify it because my hair is so thin it’s so hard to style. It’s nice to use a high end dry shampoo, you can really notice the difference as this doesn’t leave white powder in your hair and smells gorgeous.

 

Natural Origin face oil It has never appealed to me to use a face oil as I thought they would give me really bad breakouts, but after using this, my face actually feels as soft as a baby’s. It also dry’s quickly so your face doesn’t look shiny and oily. I like to use this before I go to bed instead of a moisturiser.

 

Tony and Guy hairspray This hair spray smells so lovely and doesn’t have that typically hairspray smell, I am repurchasing the full size this weekend because it doesn’t make your hair sticky. It holds your hair in place naturally, perfect for you back-combers out there!

 

Overall, I am so glad I saw this when I did and purchased it before it sold out! I have wanted the HD Brows kit for a while now and I purely got this set for that, but I literally love all the bits I have been sent, these are defiantly the latest in beauty items.

 

Well done Glamour Magazine and Latest in Beauty for a FAB box for such a lovely price, I am very impressed!

2 comments:

  1. what a fab box!! id love to know if the HD Brows are worth the hype :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be doing a review shortly babe on their pencil and the brow kit :-) and yes they are fab!! I prefer the pencil because it's so unique tho xx

      Delete

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs